Fashion Designer Extraordinaire
for Maison Lombardi Haute Couture
Mode Lifestyle Magazine – “Virtual Living, Work & Fashion Issue 2020”
Editor: Dominique Beaumont
Photographer: Luigi Scuderi (http://luigiscuderi.it)
Model: Antonella Salvucci
Wardrobe: Dresses by Maison Lombardi Haute Couture
Hair stylist: Giovanni Filangieri
Make-up Artist: Maila Lampisti
Design: MODE Studio
Fashion designer José Lombardi was born in El Salvador in Central America. At an early stage in his life he moved to Rome and in 2000 he decided to follow his vocation in the world of fashion. He then enrolled in the National Academy of Fashion and Costume of Rome where he graduated as a Stylist of Fashion Designer & Costume in 2005.
After his graduation he began to work more on his fashion creations already started whilst at the academy by creating successful mini fashion shows for his friends and Acquaintances. Building on this success he moved on to fashion shows in various Italian theatres and squares which also led to positive results and feedback from the public.
In 2003 José took part in a fashion contest, ranking first with a hand painted dress inspired by the “Rose Garden of Rome. In 2009 he met Giovanni Filangieri with whom he started and managed men’s collections. July 2011 saw the production of his first major fashion collection show at the ” Air Force Marine Starter House “, inspired by the Isle of Sicily, named “Zagarà”. Apart from the high fashion audience and the journalists and photographers, there were also various representatives of the Roman nobility, such as the late Prince Carlo Giovanelli. Additionally, in attendance were the grandson of the late Negus Hailé Selassié, His Highness Prince Akilie Berhan Makonnen Hailé Selassié, and Princess Aldalgisa Hailé Selassié with their daughter Princess Jessica Zawditu, who was the testimonial of the evening.
Maison Lombardi’s creations are also a favourite in the world of the cinema and entertainment and many actresses and presenters have chosen the them for important occasions:
• The RAI Television host Angela Achili on the occasion of her conducting of the Castrocaro Song Festival 2016
• In 2016 and 2019 dress Antonella Salvucci for Cannes
• The actress Antonella Salvucci on the occasion of her conducting of the Gran Galà of Sanremo Festival, in 2017, 2018 and & 2019, and on the occasion of her participation on the 75th Venice International Film Festival in 2018 where he also dressed the international actress Marina Orlova
• The actress and author Claudia Conte at the David di Donatello in 2018
• The international actress Marina Orlova, on the occasion of her participation in the Cannes in 2016 and 2019, just to mention a few.
In 2018 José provided the wardrobe for Micol Olivieri’s advertising campaign for SOS Beauty Italia. Also in 2018 he was the first Haute Couture Fashion Designer to receive the prestigious Crocid Award that was instituted in honour of the Actor Vincenzo Crocid. Recently on January the 3rd, 2020 José Lombardi was awarded the title of Ambassador of Italian Excellence for the Seriousness and Professionalism of his Commitment to the industry.
*Read more on this and other features in the “Virtual Living, Work & Fashion Issue of Mode Lifestyle Magazine